Saturday, July 5, 2014

Because Every Dessert Should Be Chocolate.


Our family has decided to take on the 'Whole 30' challenge for the month of July. For thirty days we are committed to eating only whole foods- no sugar, artificial sweeteners, preservatives, grains, dairy, lentils/legumes, or anything else delicious and happy. So far, it has been somewhat difficult- we both realize how much we like to eat on-the-go and finding natural whole food that is quick and filling can be difficult. But it has also been rewarding- we have had fun trying a lot of new recipes, discovering new vegetables, and have already felt the healthy side effects of more energy. (Win Win Win:)…I have even started making our own home-made almond milk- something I plan to continue to do even after this month of Oreo, Brownie, and Chocolate Ice cream sabbatical. We will continue to adapt the diet to our family's individual needs- but it has been a worthwhile experiment for sure. One thing I have discovered is how much satisfaction I get from chocolate. Diet or none, I believe every dessert to be considered worthwhile, should be chocolate. And so, although we are not making many chocolate desserts in our home these days, (however- a little cocoa powder, frozen banana, and coconut milk really isn't half bad…) I did want to post a recipe I had tried just a couple of days before we had embraced the Whole 30 experiment. I have always loved Creme Brûlée- and just when you think it couldn't get any better, I found a way to make it chocolate. Well, Martha Stewart found the way. But I found her recipe. And it's for sure worth your time. We added some raspberries to this recipe and it was absolutely one of the best Creme Brûlée experiences I've ever had.


1 comment: