Sunday, June 15, 2014

Creamy Chocolate Avocado Smoothie


If I had to choose only one food to live off of the rest of my life it would be smoothies. I LOVE a good smoothie. Green smoothies, Jamba Juice, Dairy Queen Blizzards, Protein shakes- you name it- as long as its a great combination thrown in a blender, I am 100% satisfied. I have a feeling my own daughter would make the same choice- she loves to sit on the kitchen floor each morning and watch me prepare the ingredients for a good smoothie (assuming she gets half the drink, of course). The best purchase we ever made was our Vita Mix blender- seriously, life changing. Lately my newest favorite is this Chocolate Avocado Smoothie I found online. Its packed with protein because of the almond milk and almond butter, and I like to think its healthy? (Please don't tell me otherwise.) The avocado may sound weird, but you don't actually taste it (although- I do love avocados)- but it gives the drink a smooth texture. It's a great post work-out drink. Enjoy:)

Creamy Chocolate Avocado Smoothie

AUTHOR: Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
SERVES: 1

Ingredients:

  • 8 ounces almond milk
  • ½ cup crushed ice
  • 1 ripe banana
  • 3 dates, or 1 tablespoon honey
  • ½ avocado (about ¼ cup)
  • 2 tablespoons raw cacao
  • 2 tablespoons almond butter
  • 1½ teaspoon golden flaxseed

Instructions:

Blend for 30 seconds until smooth.

1 comment: